Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A Crazy, Fun, Exciting Opportunity!

First and foremost I need to thank all of you for the immense support you have given me over these past few days. I came out about my change in diagnosis from Schizoaffective to PTSD and what caused that change. If you missed those posts you can read them here My Journey to a PTSD diagnosis and here God Was There When I Was Raped I was nervous about the reaction I was going to get, but you guys have been so kind and wonderful. I can not thank you enough.

I have already had a few people reach out to me sharing their story, asking advice, or telling me I have given them courage. To anyone out there who has been through something similar I want to say that you are so much stronger than what happened to you and you can do anything that you want to do. You can be anything you want to be. I will be standing right here supporting you.

Ok, on to my crazy, fun, exciting announcement. As part of my efforts to continue talking about mental illness I have the opportunity to be in a documentary!! I finished filming for it yesterday. The documentary is being done as a project by an amazing lady, Jacki Ochoa. She is a mental illness warrior who is doing so much to spread awareness. My part in it includes talking about my journey from start to end, why it's important to talk about mental illness, and coping skills.

I will be featured in an 8 minute segment in February, then the full documentary will be out later this year. Our local news channel 23 ABC will be airing it. For those of you who do not live in Bakersfield I will provide a link so you can watch.

This is a topic I am so passionate about. Mental illness needs to be talked about. I am so incredibly excited for this opportunity to continue talking about mental illness and spreading awareness. I will keep you all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment