Monday, February 20, 2017

God's Hand in my Life

Going through a significant trial will have an impact on your faith. The direction it goes is up to you. Sometimes trials make our faith stronger; sometimes they damage our faith. Throughout my journey with mental illness I have learned to rely on God more than I ever had before.

I have prayed longer and harder than I ever knew possible and God has answered my prayers.

He placed me in the hands of a competent therapist who stuck by me for two years in the beginning when I resisted treatment. He put in my path an amazing young women's leader whom I grew to love deeply. With his help it always worked out that UCLA had a bed for me when I needed to be admitted to their psych ward. There I met excellent professionals who helped me immensely.

God's hand was extremely evident in my placement at Canon, the residential treatment center I stayed at for two and a half months. I had a bed ready, the girls I was with were the ones I needed to be with. Canon experienced a lot of changes while I was there and immediately after. If I had been there at any other time I might not have had the same experiences and successes that I did. I know that my Heavenly Father had his hand in my life throughout that whole time.

His help and guidance continues when I came home. I found the perfect therapist for me who had the training that she needed to handle my "complicated case" and she knew the right people to put me in contact with to get help at college.

The past four years of my life have not been easy, but I have made it through them. I know I could not have done it without the hand of God in my life. I would not be here today without his love and guidance. I know that whatever I will go through in life is part of his plan and he will be walking right beside me.


No comments:

Post a Comment