Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Sometimes You Just Need a Break

Sometimes you just need to get away. This weekend was one of those times. I had the opportunity to go with my mom, dad, and grandpa to Montana for an extended weekend. I wasn't planning on going until two days before we flew out, but I am so glad I did.

Life can be challenging. Right now I consider myself to be doing well because I've been a lot worse off than I am now, but I still struggle everyday with either my mental or my physical health. Add in college and everything gets bumped up a few notches.

Don't get me wrong. I am extremely grateful to be in the place I am now. I have an amazing treatment team for my mental health. I'm still getting set up with doctors for my physical health, but I have faith that everything will work out there. I'm doing well.

It's okay to need a break still. It's okay to need to get away. When I left for Montana I wasn't looking at it as a means to get away. It wasn't until I was there and I felt such a sense of peace that I realized that was why I needed to come.

It is so important when you are battling your health that you take some time for yourself. You cannot pour from an empty cup. Whether you hop on a plane and fly a few hours to visit family in a tiny little Montana town, or have a "me day" taking time away is important.

One of my favorite places to go is Walmart. I know, I know, shocking. We have a huge Walmart superstore by my house and I will often go just to walk up and down the aisles. The thing I love about Walmart is that you can be by yourself without ever being alone. So I don't have to handle people, but I'm also not isolating either.

I am fully understanding of the fact that Walmart is not for everyone, but find your Walmart. Find a place close by where you can go to get a little escape. You deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more. We get so wrapped up in life that we forget the importance of self care.

    ReplyDelete